Updated: Jun 19, 2014
Who do I go to with my concerns?
SUPERINTENDENT & ASSOCIATE SUPERINTENDENT
The following is the flow chart representing the chain of command at OACS:
OACS BOARD OF EDUCATION
- Decisions made by the Conference Executive Board of Education and Administrative Council
- Graduation requirements and retention policies
- Conference and Union policies or procedures
- Curriculum development and adoptions
- Independent Study Programs (ISPs)
- Employment (hiring, probation, reduction-in-force, and termination)
- School Budget approval
OACS BOARD CHAIRPERSON
- The school board has authority only when meeting in official session.
- Individual board members MAY NOT speak on behalf of the board or administration.
- Directing the school through actions or policies in the best interest of the school.
- Developing and keeping current and relevant the school's constitution
- Concerns about final decisions made by the local board of education
- Local board policy
- Local hire job descriptions
- Serves as a consultant to the principal in preparing an agenda for board meeting.
- Follows parliamentary procedures at board meetings.
- Encourages discussion which is relevant to agenda items.
- Is acquainted with the school program and confer with the principal on items pertaining to the operation of the school.
- Supports the principal.
- Acts as liaison with individual churches to ensure communication, and in the presentation of school items pertinent to each church constituent member.
- Informs the superintendent of the progress of the school program and its special problems and needs, especially finances and personnel.
- Facility usage
- Concerns about local board decisions
- School policies and procedures
- Maintenance issues
- Curriculum implementation
- Classroom scheduling
- Scheduling building usage
- School safety
- Handbook issues or procedures
- Concerns about all school faculty and staff
- Issues about which you are uncertain whom you should contact
- Suspensions (in-house/home)
- Response to Intervention (RTI)
- Behavior concerns (prior appropriate discussions with the teacher)
- Access to student grades online
- School Performance Framework
- School Growth Model—academic
- Principal's assistant and office manager
- Financial arrangements
- Questions about payments and statements
- Making payment
- Worthy Student Funds/Scholarships (prior discussion with Kissimmee Pastor)
- Admission forms and registration
- School infirmary
- Receiving school tuition payments
- Making appointments with the principal
- Marketing and Fundraising
GENERAL EDUCATION TEACHER
- Follows school handbook policies and principal directives
- Classroom discipline and positive reward management
- Grade-level standards and expectations
- Student work, grading, data-driving instruction, and data entry
- Testing data interpretation
- Field Trips
- Keeps classroom clean, dusted, vacuumed, and in and attrative manner conducive to learning
PE COACH &VISUAL ARTS TEACHER
- Follows school handbook policies and principal directions
- Player issues (playing time, philosophy, treatment)
- Coaching style
- Rules of the game
- Maintenance Issues
- Class management and positive discipline of students during the class period
- Provides bus service that is on-time and dependable, pending local traffice and weather conditions
- Manages student behavior
- Maintains the bus
- Maintains facility cleanilness in all common use areas